GDPR Privacy Notice - Online Consumer Personal Information
- 1.1The Purpose of this Notice is to inform Shield Group Consumers that place orders Online via either the Battery Charged or Lincon Batteries websites what personal information is collected from them, what we do with it and what rights Consumers have under GDPR in relation to said personal information.
- 2.1Website Staff
- 2.2Admin and Support Staff
- 3.1Some or all of the following personal information will be taken from Online Consumers in relation to their purchases of goods from Shield Group companies: (3.1.1)Name (3.1.2)Address (3.1.3)Phone Number (3.1.4)E-Mail address (3.1.5)Payment details (3.1.6)IP Address. (Online orders)
- 3.2This information will be needed for the following lawful reasons (3.2.1)Traceability. Our ISO accreditation demands that we have full traceability on all orders. In addition, we cannot process any potential warranty claim without full traceability of orders. (3.2.2)To enable us to make a delivery: Where an order is received online, we will need delivery details. (3.2.3)To enable us to take payment for goods required. (3.2.4)To assist in combatting online fraud.
- 3.3This information will be stored and kept in the following locations and for the following periods of time. (3.3.1)Names, addresses, phone numbers and e-mail addresses will be stored on our Sage software against any Purchase Orders received. This software is separate from other accounting software in use by any other Shield Group company and is only accessible by members of Shield website staff with the correct log-in and password details. The personal data collected is kept indefinitely for traceability purposes. Such personal data is NOT shared with any third parties EXCEPT in the following instances: (126.96.36.199)Names, addresses and other contact details will be supplied to Courier companies (such as FedEx or Royal Mail) for the legitimate purpose of a third party delivery. (188.8.131.52)Names and e-mail addresses of online customers may be sent to our Third Party Review Company to elicit a review of our products and services. This Review service is used as part of our Continuous Improvement Programme. Online consumers have to opt in to this service. (3.3.2)Payments: Shield Group does not receive any payment details other than a confirmation from our Third Party platform supplier that payment for an order has been successful and is likely to meet the current fraud legislation criteria. Shield can authorise refunds in appropriate circumstances, but does not have any access to any personal account data in respect of consumers’ accounts.
- 3.4Online Consumers have the following rights in respect of their personal information: (3.4.1)Online Consumers have the right to be informed what, if any, personal information we hold on them (see section 3.3 above) (3.4.2)Online Consumers have the right of access to their personal information. Any such requests should be sent to Shield Head Office for the attention of the Group Operations Executive. (3.4.3)Online Consumers have the right to request that their personal details be rectified. Any such requests should be sent to Shield Head Office for the attention of the Group Operations Executive. (3.4.4)Online Consumers have the right to request that their details be erased. Any such requests should be sent to Shield Head Office for the attention of the Group Operations Executive. The consumer should be reminded that acquiescence to their request would make the processing of any future warranty claim impossible. Details in Sage would be amended to read “This consumer requested anonymity under GDPR” (3.4.5)Online Consumers have the right to request a restriction on the processing of their personal data. Any such requests should be sent to Shield Head Office for the attention of the Group Operations Executive. Any consumer requesting this right should be reminded that in the circumstances that we not process their data, it would make a third party delivery impossible. (3.4.6)Online Consumers have the right to data portability. Any such requests should be sent to Shield Head Office for the attention of the Group Operations Executive (3.4.7)Online Consumers have the right not to be subject to automated decision making. This does not happen at Shield. Any decision made with regard to personal data is made by a human.
- 3.5Children (persons under the age of 18) cannot make online purchases from Shield Group companies.
- 4.ASSOCIATED DOCUMENTATION
- QMF76Data Protection Policies
- QMF121GDPR General Privacy Notice
- QMF122GDPR Audit
Please note that Children (persons under the age of 18) cannot make purchases from Shield Group companies.